The brain, which is housed within the skull, is the nerve system's control center. It consists of over 100 billion nerves connected by trillions of synapses. Muscle control, sensory reception and integration, speech production, memory storage, and cognition and emotion elaboration are just a few of the roles it performs.
These are some of the bad habits that can harm your brain:
1. The ability of our bodies to absorb proteins and nutrients is harmed by long-term sugar consumption. This could result in malnutrition, which delays brain growth. It happens when our bodies don't get enough nutrients in their blood, which causes brain development to stop.
2. Lack of sleep: Several studies have found that the brain purges toxins exclusively during the deep sleep cycle. Sleep deprivation can cause brain cell death, resulting in diminished memory and performance.
3. Using earphones or headphones to listen to loud music can permanently harm your hearing. It may cause memory loss and damage to your brain tissue in the future. Your brain is the one that requires effort to comprehend what is being said around you. If you put too much pressure on your brain, it will inevitably be injured.
4. Drinking plenty of water will help your body and brain perform more efficiently. Don't skip breakfast and drinking insufficient water: Water makes up 80% of the brain's water. Stay hydrated at all times by drinking lots of water to keep your body feeling fresh.
5. Smoking: We all know that smoking causes cancer, but did you realize that the addictive nicotine in cigarettes causes your brain to shrink? In fact, long-term brain shrinkage can lead to Alzheimer's disease.
6. Too much food: Several studies have found that eating a lot of calories for a long time can raise a person's risks of developing memory loss or moderate cognitive impairment (MCI) later on.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post; please like and share it with your friends on social media so they are aware of it.
Let's do our best to spread the word and follow me for more articles.
Content created and supplied by: AbigaelOngaga (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More