(1) About one third of all people with Diabetes Mellitus do not know they the disease.
(2) Type 2 Dm often does not know they have any symptoms.
(3) Only about 5% of all people with Diabetes have type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
(4)If you are at risk , type 2 diabetes can be prevented with moderate weight loss,(10-15) pounds and 30 minutes of moderate physical activity such as brisk walking each day.
(5)A meal plan for a person with Diabetes isn't very different than that which is recommended for people without diabetes.
(6) Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in working class adults.
(7) People with Diabetes are likely to develop ischemic heart diseases than someone without diabetes.
(8) Good control of Dm significantly reduces the risk of developing complications such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, diabetic foot and peripheral neuropathy.
(9) Diabetic Mellitus remains the 7th leading cause of death in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.In 2019 The registrar of birth and death in Kenya listed 70784 death certificates with DM as the leading cause of death/contributing.
(10) Treatment and management of Diabetes Mellitus costs the country a whooping 9.4 billion annually, including 6 billion in direct medication expenses.
Content created and supplied by: DavidNefasauloo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More