We are all afraid of something, but being scared and having a phobia isn't the same. Phobias are categorized as a persistent fear of an object, person, animal or situation.
Here are some strange phobias that exist in the world today.
1. Ephebiphobia. This refers to the fear of teenagers or adolescents. Cultural and demographic research indicates most generations of adults harbour mild forms of this phobia, often viewing teens as "out of control."
2. Eisoptrophobia. This is the fear of seeing oneself in the mirror. Studies show that those who suffer from this phobia may experience shame, distress and depression if they so much as look into a mirror.
3. Globophobia. This is the fear of balloons. Patients who deal with glossophobia often experience their worst fears after becoming a parent since most kids love balloons.
4. Numerophobia. This refers to the fear of numbers. People with a type of phobia are terrified of math, reading a tape measure or doing their taxes.
5. Phobophobia. This is the fear of fear itself. Those who experience phobophobia struggle to function in daily life due to frequent anxiety attacks.
Thank you for reading. Please leave a comment in the section below.
Content created and supplied by: KenyanDiaries (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More