Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin red and itchy. It is common in children but can occur at any age. Eczema is chronic and tends to flare periodically. It may be accompanied by asthma or hay fever.
No cure has been found for Eczema, but treatments and self-care measure can relieve itching and prevent new out breaks.
Signs and Symptoms
These symptoms vary widely from person to person. They include the following;
1. Dry Skin.
2. Itching which may be severe, especially at night.
3. Red to brownish, gray patches especially on the hands, elbow, neck, wrists and in infants the face and scalp.
4. Small raised bumps, which may leak fluid and crust over when scratched.
5. Thickened, cracked, scaly skin.
6. Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching.
Eczema most often begins before age five and may persist into adolescence and adulthood.
Causes of Eczema
1. Factors that cause the skin to become dry and more vulnerable to infections.
2. Genetics factors - eczema runs in families.
3. Immune system dysfunction causing an unwanted inflammatory response in the skin.
How to prevent Eczema
1. Moisturize your skin at least twice a day.
2. Try to identify and avoid triggers that worsen the condition such as sweat, stress, obesity, soaps, detergents, dust and pollen.
3. Take shorter baths or showers
4. Use only medicated soaps.
5. Dry yourself carefully.
Content created and supplied by: LaurynHill (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More