The major cause of heart- related sicknesses is blocked or clogged arteries. Having clean arteries mean preventing the likelihood of heart issues and stroke. Here are some simple but effective foods that you can eat that helps you with this.
1. Fish: The first food you should start consuming more if you have heart problems is fish. Fish has a lot of healthy Omega- 3 fatty acids, which are exceptional for controlling blood cholesterol levels. Studies have even revealed that women who consume two to three servings of fish dishs have better cardiovascular health than those who consume it occasionally, or never. Some fishes you can turn to are mackerel, herring, tuna, salmon and trout.
2. Walnuts: Walnuts help to improve the flexibility of arteries. They are also more effective than olive oil in preventing artery damage caused by eating a meal high in saturated fats.
3. Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits is found to significantly reduce systolic blood pressure. Fruits that are high in viscous fibre like citrus fruits unclog blocked arteries.
4. Turmeric: When it comes to cleaning your arteries, turmeric or turmeric powder should be your best friend. Tumeric plays a vital role in unclogging blocked arteries and preventing stroke and heart failure.
5. Flaxseed: Flaxseeds could have a tremendous positive effect on cardiovascular ailments. They have fibre, omega- 3 fatty acids and phytoestrogens that fight ailments pertaining to arteries. If you do not want to eat flaxseeds whole or grounded, you can find it in wheat bread or some types of cereals.
6. Green Tea: A study has revealed that those who drink four to five cups of green tea per day have 26% reduced rate of heart failure and stroke, and 16% of lowered risk of death from other causes, compared to those who do not drink it at all.
7. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has a ton of antioxidants that unclog blocked arteries and fight against stroke, heart failure and hypertension
Content created and supplied by: Cal.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More