Regular consumption of whole fruits has a positive effect on weight loss. This is because fruits are rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which helps to reduce hunger, BMI, cholesterol and even risks of heart attack. In this article is 8 fruits that will help you lose weight.
1. Grapefruit- This is a tangy, juicy fruit that is rich in vitamin c and dietary fiber. Grapefruit not only helps in weight loss but also helps improve lipid profile, blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
2. Watermelon- Watermelons are great sources of vitamin c, minerals, lycopene and water. Consuming watermelon daily can help reduce weight, BMI and blood pressure. It is advisable to consume this fruit before lunch.
3. Lemon- Lemons are rich in vitamin c which is a potent antioxidant. Lemon peels are also used to reduce body weight and belly fat accumulation by increasing increasing fat oxidation. Lemon should be taken continuously for effective results.
4. Apple- Apples are rich in beta- carotene, water, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Consumption of a whole apple resulted in promising weight loss. The antioxidants present in apples help reduce oxidative damage which helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. For effective results, consume one whole apple before breakfast per day.
5. Blueberry- Blueberries are rich in anthocyanins which give them the dark blue- Violet colour they possess. Anthocyanins play a role in reducing obesity risk, cholesterol and improves insulin sensitivity.
6. Avocado- Avocado is a delicious buttery fruit rich in fatty acids, fiber, vitamins and minerals that increases satiety, reduces bad cholesterol, helps maintain weight and improves health in general.
7. Acai Berry- Acai berry is a deep purple fruit that is highly nutritious. It is loaded with antioxidants that help reduce cholesterol and high blood sugar. It's juice is known to reduce exercise-induced muscle damage in athletes. It also helps to improve their serum lipid profiles.
8. Banana- Ripe bananas are rich sources of fiber, energy and vitamins. On the other hand, raw bananas are good sources of resistant starch which promotes weight loss, increase gut satiety peptides, increases fat oxidation, lower fat storage and preserve lean body. Banana starch helps in lowering insulin levels hence reducing diabetes.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More