Facts About Fibre
If you've been looking for a way towards a high-octane diet, you'll find fibre to be exactly what you need. Even though research has shown fibre to be powerful, many people aren't taking this nutrient seriously.
To help you fuel your health with fibre, here are 10 facts to help.
1. Fibre fights diseases. A diet high in fibre can help to prevent colon cancer and heart disease. High fibre helps the body to eliminate cholesterol by binding it in the digestive tract. For thousands of years, fibre has been used to stop constipation.
2. Fibre can actually help with overeating. All high fibre foods will take longer to chew and digest, making you feel satisfied longer.
3. Most popular foods don't have enough fibre. If you like the more popular foods, you probably need to increase your intake of fibre.
4. Grains offer the most fibre. Dietary fibre is actually, plant matter that we cannot digest. The best sources are whole grains and concentrated grain products.
5. Kids need fibre as well. Children that are older than 2 years of age should consume a daily intake of fibre. Kids are most receptive to fibre found in fruits, vegetables, and even fortified breakfast cereals.
6. More fibre needs more water. In order to keep fibre moving through your digestive tract, you'll need to consume a lot of water. With your diet of fibre, you'll need eight or more glasses of water every day.
7. Fibre cannot be cooked out. When you cook your fruits and vegetables, don't worry about cooking the fibre out, as it stays. The fibre found in fruits and vegetables aren't just in the skin or in the peel.
8. You can get enough fibre. If you eat more than 50 grams of fibre in a day, you can get diarrhea and bloating, which can interfere with your body's absorption of other key minerals.
9. Getting the right amount of fibre in your diet doesn't have to be hard. Even though you may think so, getting the amount of fibre you need isn't very hard to do. All you have to do is eat the right foods and you'll be well on your way to a fibre rich lifestyle.
As one of the key ingredients to healthy eating, fibre is something you don't want to skip. Fibre can serve many different purposes, which were covered above. If you aren't getting enough fibre in your diet - you should do something about now instead of waiting until it is too late.
Content created and supplied by: EL888 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More