Cervical cancer starts in the cervix which is a part in a woman's body that joins the vagina to the lower uterus,this cancer mostly starts when a healthy cell inside the cervix begin to develop and multiply rapidly creating abnormal cells which turns out to be a tumor.
It is not yet clear what causes cervical cancer but different tests have been done to establish that a sexually transmitted infection by the name human papilloma virus causes this cancer.
Below are the factors that cause cervical cancer:
• Having sexual activities at a very early age.
• Sexually transmitted infections like syphilis,HIV/AIDS and gonorrhea increases your chances of having cervical cancer.
• Having intercourse with many partners who in turn also have different partners.
• When you have a weak immune system due to an underlying health condition and the same time you are infected with a sexually transmitted disease then you are at a high risk of getting the cancer.
• Excessive intake of tobacco through smoking creates a cell that causes cervical cancer in women.
It is therefore important to have regular Cervical tests to help detect the cancer early enough for better treatment.
Content created and supplied by: Nashispread (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More