First of all, what comes to your mind when you hear the word mursik? Mursik is a traditional fermented milk variant of the Kalenjin people of Kenya. It can be made from cow or goat milk and is fermented in a specially made calabash gourd locally known as a 'sotet'.
In this article i am going to show you how to prepare mursik for 4 people.
1 litre fresh milk(cow milk)
500 ml mala (fermented milk)
How to prepare mursik
1. Boil fresh cow milk (strictly unprocessed / pasteriuzed) and allow it cool completely.
2. Add mala preferably kcc(this is not amust but highly recommended to fasten the process)
3. Thoroughly mix the mala to the milk Pour the mixture gourd(sotet) to a complete with a special soot from a tree called itet and allow it to rest for two days
4. Shake the sotet properly before pouring the mursik.
5. Enjoy with a plate of millet ugali n soik (manangu)
Content created and supplied by: Chum2 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More