The economy is hard and we are really struggling to get something on the table. However we should learn to embrace our traditional foods. So today I teach us how to prepare delicious mukimo which many of us love.
The ingredients needed;
- 1 kg potatoes
- 3 cups peas
- 4 pumkin leaves
- 5 maize
- Pinch salt to taste
The procedure to follow;
- Boil maize separately until cooked through. Boil peas until done
- Add poatoes to pan add water, salt and start boiling
- Once potatoes are halfway done, place the pumkin leaves ontop, cover pan and allow the pumpkin leaves tp steam until cooked
- Add pumpkin leaves to blender with little water and blend
- Add the boiled poatoes into the cooked maize and mash, add the boiled peas, mash until smooth
- Add the blended pumpkin leaves into the potato maize & peas mash, mix until evenly combined
- Serve immediately with fried chicken.
Serve your mukimo with your delicious chicken and enjoy. Share this wonderful recipe to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More