Boiled eggs are dubbed as powerhouse of food or superfood, and why not? After all, boiled eggs are good for you.Are you one of those who starts the day with eggs? Do you like them as poached, scrambled, omelette, or boiled? The good news is that an egg has many nutrients that can help your body. We all know that when you fry a food item, it makes your taste buds dance but might cause some health problems. So, let’s focus on the boiled eggs as this style of cooking is perfect for those who want to boost immunity or lose weight. There are many health benefits of boiled eggs, which is why you should start the day by taking out a saucepan, adding water and eggs to it, and letting them boil.
An egg contains vitamin A, folate, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, carotenoids, phosphorous, selenium and zinc. Phew! There’s hardly any food that’s full of so many vitamins and minerals. No wonder why eggs are called superfoods.
Health Shots wanted to know more about these nutrients and how they help the body.The nutritive value in one boiled egg, it contains 78 kilocalorie, one gram carbohydrate, 6 grams protein, 9 grams fat and 187 milligrams cholesterol. Now that we know the nutritive value is good, let’s dive into the health benefits of a boiled egg.
1. Boiled egg has healthy fats.A boiled egg contains healthy or good fat that protects organs and helps in keeping the body warm, making boiled eggs perfect for winter.
2. Boiled egg boosts immunity.An egg contains good amount of vitamin B6 and B12 along with zinc, and they help in boosting the immunity and fight against flu and cold.
3. Boiled egg keeps bones strong.An egg is a good source of Vitamin D, which will not only boost your immunity, but also keep your bones strong.
4. Boiled eggs help in weight loss.An egg contains good source of lean protein as well as amino acids, with low calorie that can help in weight loss, something that is not so easy to do during winter as lethargy or the chilly weather create obstacles in your fitness regimen.
5. Boiled eggs helps in having a healthy brain.An egg contains good amount omega-3 fatty acids and choline, which “builds the cell membrane and has a role in producing signalling molecule in the brain.
6. Boiled eggs can protect eyes.Egg yolk or the yellow portion of the boiled egg is enriched with lutein and zeaxanthin, which protects the eye and also reduces the risk of cataract, so to get healthy eyes, have boiled eggs.
7. Boiled eggs help to enhance beauty of skin.The skin has an important part which is selenium, and eggs are considered to be an excellent source of this nutrient.
8. Boiled egg promotes healthy hair.An egg contains biotin, which helps to keep hair healthy and shiny, and who wouldn’t want that?
9. Boiled eggs for healthy heart.A boiled egg contains good cholesterol which keeps your heart healthy, if taken in moderation.
10. Boiled eggs are good for pregnant women or lactating mothers.It is highly beneficial in both these stages of a woman’s life as an egg contains good amount protein, choline as well as selenium. The number should not exceed one or two eggs a day, she said. Also, it is important to watch in what form you are consuming it. Are you eating soft egg, raw egg or half fry egg? They need to be avoided as they contain bacteria like salmonella which might harm your digestive system.
Content created and supplied by: Consy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More