￼Crispy baked potato wedges are quick and simple to make and come out perfect every time so you don' t have to worry about ruining it. Oven baked potato wedges are great as a side dish, appetizer, or even as a delicious snack on their own. They would make the perfect combination with our favourite burgers or chicken sandwiches. This oven- baked potato wedges recipe is here to make things more simple in kitchen.
Tip: Avoid soaking your potatoes in warm water because heata activatesthe starch, which makes it harder to separate from the potatoes
1. Potatoes– Use 4 medium sized Irish potatoes.
2. Salt– Fine sea salt coats potatoes nicely but kosher salt would also be better.
3. Black pepper– Freshly ground black pepper adds taste.
4. Garlic powder– Adds garlic flavor when roasting at high temperatures so it won' t burn.
5. Paprika– Adds color and some sweetness to the potatoes.
6. Extra virgin olive oil– It helps the potatoes crisp up and turn golden brown. It also hydrates the spices.
7. Toppings– Add chopped parsley and finely grated parmesan cheese over the finished potato wedges.
￼How to Prepare Crispy Potato Wedges
1. Cut the potato wedges- cut potatoes in half lengthwise then slice each half into 4- 5 slices depending on the potato size. Wedges should be about 1/2″ thick. If cut too thick, they will not crisp up properly.
2. Soak potatoes- Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stay for 30 minutes then dry thoroughly with paper towels.
3. Season the potatoes- Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder over the potatoes and toss to combine properly. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Bake- Place the potato wedges on a foil- lined, rimmed baking sheet, keeping them in a single layer and cut- side down. Bake at 450˚F for 20 minutes then flip and bake another 12- 15 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Serve with your favourite sauce.
Content created and supplied by: TheGlam (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More