Bhajia are deep fried potato pieces which are not only nice and crispy but also so yummy. They are commonly embraced by people from the coastal region.
They are not considered as the healthier food but when consumed once in a while as an alternative way of eating potatoes there is no problem.
Here are simple steps to follow when making bhajia;
1 tin of potatoes
500g of gram flour (or all purpose flour)
1 Lt Cooking oil
Finely chopped onions
Finely chopped coriander leaves
A pinch of red chilli powder
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Rinse with clean water and bring to boil for 5- 8 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, coriander, onions and chilli powder, pour some water and mix thoroughly to make a paste with a thick consistency like that of pancakes.
4. Cut the potatoes into small round pieces.
5. Mix them with a flour paste.
6. Using a deep frying pan, put enough cooking oil and bring it to the heat.
7. Deep fry the potatoes for 8 minutes till they are brown and crispy. Avoid overcrowding them when deep frying to allow for even distribution of heat.
Can be served with desired stew or kachumbari.
Gram flour helps to give the bhajia the appealing yellow colour
Content created and supplied by: Eddahnyams (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More