Good manners while dining is more than just simple manners at the table. If you happen to be invited to a restaurant and find yourself lost, do not worry. Here, I have 8 etiquettes that will make your dining joy a sophisticated joy.
1. The host must always pay. If you have done the inviting then you need to pay the bill regardless of your gender. There should be never be a fight on the table over who is to pay the bill. If the male guest insists on paying the bill despite the female's efforts, then she must let him go ahead and pay.
2. Think of 'BMW' in order to recollect where the plates and glasses go. 'BMW' stands for bread, the meal and the water. On the left side of the table is the bread plate, the meal in the middle and glass of water is always on the right side of the table.
3. Always remember to place a napkin on your lap before beginning to eat. Place a napkin on your lap when eating to avoid dirtying your clothing. The table should be closest to you and the napkin should be half folded.
4. Do not put your purse, mobile phone or keys on the table. Placing any of these things on the table will cause distractions not only to your dinning companions but also to your waiter and the entire restaurant too.
5. When in need of something ask the person nearest to you to pass it. Do not stretch yourself and try to reach for something on the table. Instead, ask the person near it to pass it.
6. Keep your mouth closed while chewing the food. Take small bites and eat slowly so as not to make your mouth look stuffed. After each bite, place the spoon, folk or knife your using back to the plate. Do not also speak with food in the mouth.
7. Fetch your food from the plate to your face, not your face to the food in the plate. Avoid leaning over the plate and instead sit upright while making bites from the spoon. Do not drink directly from the soup bowl, use a spoon instead.
8. Avoid calling out the waiter. Calling out may distract other people in the restaurant. Make eye contact with the waiter and try to signal what you need. If he/she does not get your attention, raising your hand will do better.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More