Scones are one of the most renowned type of a bread,and beside it,they are a good source of carbohydrates which provide energy for our bodies.So,preparing is very easy provided that you have the required ingredients and correct method.
- 400 grams bread flour
- 30 grams sugar
- 30 ml oil
- 8 grams instant yeast
- 4 grams salt
7.1/4 cup raisins (optional)
The procedure is as follows:
- Mix yeast, sugar and water and wait until if foams (approximately 5 minutes)
- Mix the yellow colour with the water, ensure no lumps of the color.
- Add the oil and flour mixed with salt and make a soft dough.
- Cover in an oiled bowl for about an hour until it doubles.(1st proofing)
- The dough should have double after an hour.
- Knead the dough well for about 5 minutes.Prepare a size 10 square tin or use a rectangular one.
- Cut the dough into equal size pieces (measure).600 grams dough should give 12 pieces) and mould them into balls, line them into the tin with an half inch between them.
- Cover them to proof for the second time for 30 min. Half way through the waiting time.Preheat in the oven to 200℃.
- Bake them for between 10-12 minutes untill they turn golden brown.
After they are ready,serve hot scones with coffee or tea.For more articles please Share,comment and follow me.
Content created and supplied by: Nathoo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More