The main Kenyan dish for lunch or dinner lies between ugali, rice, chapati and githeri. Matoke is uncommon among Kenyans. Matoke generally refers to boiled bananas, unripe bananas are boiled and served with with beef stew or even plain when fried.
Ugandans and people from Congo are more conversant with boiling bananas and plantains. Matoke as a meal is highly nutritious and recomedable. One boiled banana contains about 100 calories,400mg of potasium, and approximately 1 gram of protein. I would recommend one to have matoke meal at least twice per week.
Boiled bananas can save a life due to their high nutrition value which include;
Why eat boiled bananas
1) High potassium amounts; potassium functions as a regulator of nerve signals, muscle movements and body fluid balance.
Potassium thus plays a role in blood pressure regulations.
2) Boiled bananas contain high fiber content.This helps in efficient digestion and in prevention of constipation.
3) Boiled bananas provide high calorie free from cholesterol. This will help in maintenance of good cholesterol levels.
4) Due to a low glycemic index, boiled bananas provide satiety after a meal as compared to processed food.
5) Boiled bananas provide vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium and iron to our bodies.These minerals together with potassium protect against stroke, prevent osteoporosis and kidney stones.
Content created and supplied by: DaphneFields (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More