Mango is one of the most commonly consumed fruits all over the world. Mangoes have different varieties with different colours and tastes too. One of the most popular variety is Alphonso which also happens to be the most expensive one and is quite a favourite to many. This fruit is loaded with many health benefits too. As much as we can go on and on talking about all the goodness of mangoes, this fruit does come with its side effects too. And you should know about these in order to keep yourself safe from any health damage.
Here are the side effects of mango:
1. Since this fruit has high natural sugar content, it can be harmful to those with a diabetes issue. If you suffer from diabetes, you must first consult a doctor before consuming mangoes.
2. Overeating mangoes can cause diarrhoea. It's always better to eat it in moderate amounts. Mango is very rich in fire and high consumption of fibrous fruits can cause diarrhoea issues.
3. Mango contains a chemical called urushiol. People who are sensitive to this chemical can start experiencing dermatitis too. It's a skin issue where people get inflamed skin that can become flaky, blistery and itchy.
4. This fruit can be allergic to some and they can start experiencing watery eyes, runny nose, breathing issues, sneezing, abdominal pain, etc. If you face any of these symptoms, you need to stop consuming mangoes for a few days and see if there is any change in your health.
5. Mangoes can also cause indigestion, especially the raw ones. Avoid overeating raw mangoes.
6. The king of all fruits is also high in calorie content which is also quite good for gaining weight. Just one average-sized mango contains 150 calories. So, if you're a weight watcher, you need to take care of your mango consumption.
7. Mangoes can cause fever or urticaria too. Hives or urticaria is a skin disease which causes skin rashes, itchiness and redness of the skin. This issue is triggered by certain foods, stress or medication.
8. According to a few researches, mango can very much increase the heat of your body. Although, it is slightly contradictory and needs more research.
9. According to Ayurveda, mangoes should never be consumed with milk as it can harm your health.
10. Patients who have arthritis can consume mangoes in very small amounts only.
Content created and supplied by: Castrio (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More