You will need;
2. Pilau masala.
4. Pre boiled meat.
6. Oil for cooking.
7. Salt to taste.
1. Wash your rice, drain and set aside.
2. Fry onions in oil until they start to brown then reduce the heat.
3. Add ginger and garlic stir until they start to golden brown. Do not let them burn. They oftenly tend to stick on the pan thus the reason for reducing the heat and stirring oftenly.
4. Add pilau masala,stir and let it cook in low heat for about three minutes.
5. Add the pre boiled meat and stir, add potatoes and cover to allow them cook for a few minutes.
6. Increase the heat then add hot water and salt. Bring the water to a boil and add rice.
7. When the water is about to dry, cook in extremely low heat and cover tightly.
8. Your pilau is ready.
In case you prefer your pilau with kachumbari, always soak your onions in salt to cut the bitter taste.
Content created and supplied by: tessmartins (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More