Sukuma Wiki is one of the common staple vegetables many people in Kenya eat. It is nutritious and healthy, let's learn how to cook it when mixed with eggs
- 10 leaves skuma wiki
- 2 medium sized onions
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 royco cube
- Cooking oil
- to taste Salt
- leaves Coriander
- Wash skumawiki and cut them.Cut the coriander leaves in a dish, to the same dish,beat eggs and add salt, then whisk to allow it mix well with the coriander. Cut the other ingredients,garlic, onions and capsicum in one plate, then tomatoes in another plate
- To the cooking pan, add enough oil which will be enough for both eggs and skumawiki.Add the mixture of garlic, onions and capsicum to fry. As the onions brown, add the tomatoes and salt then cover to allow the tomatoes to soften.
- Add the skumawiki and mix well then add the cube on top of the skumawiki and cover for a few minutes to let it cook.
- Uncover the pan and add eggs slowly on top of the skumawiki and cover the pan again without mixing.
- Allow it to cook for 3 minutes,the eggs will swell slowly then you can now mix it well with skumawiki. Cook for another 2 minutes then serve hot with ugali.
Sukuma Wiki can be cooked in so many different ways. Here I have fry it with eggs. Try the recipe out and you will like it. Share the article to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More