Biryani is a mixed rice dish that originated from the Muslims of the Indian Subcontinent. It's ingredients include spices, rice, meat, and some additions such as eggs and potatoes in certain regions. Biryani is popular in the Indian Subcontinent and it's diaspora.
1. 1 kg meat cut into pieces
2. 1 kg basmati rice
3. 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
4. 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
5. I tsp garam masala
6. 1 tsp pilau masala
7. Salt to taste
8. Enough water
9. 1 bottle curd (fermented milk)
10. 3 grated carrots
11. 2 pkts tomato paste
12. 6 large onions
13. 4 big tomatoes
14. 1 tsp jeera ( cumin)
15. 1 tsp black pepper
16. Orange or yellow food couring
17. Cooking oil
1. Wash the meat and add salt, black pepper, garlic, gratted carrots, pilau masala, garam masala, tomatoes and curd. Mix the ingredients well and add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
2. Put the potatoes in a bowl and add a little food coloring and put aside. Place a cooking pan on medium heat, add oil in the pan and when it's hot, add onions and fry them until golden brown and crispy.
3. Remove the onions and put aside, then fry the potatoes and let the food coloring remain in the bowl. Keep turning the potatoes so they can cook evenly on all sides. They don't need to be tender for they will still cook again in the curry.
4. After cooking the potatoes, turn off the gas and add the crispy onions into the boiling curry. Let them boil for some time.
5. When the meat is ready add in potatoes and tomatoes paste, add a little water and salt to taste. Let it keep boiling until it becomes thick. When it's ready remove from heat and keep aside. Then prepare the rice.
6. Wash the rice, put 8 cups of water and add salt, then place it on medium heat and bring to boil until the rice is cooked. Drain excess water from the rice then add 2 tsp of oil and the food coloring that was kept aside. Return the rice on a low flame so that it cooks nicely. When ready remove from heat and enjoy.
Content created and supplied by: ZippySpeaksHealth (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More