Many people complain that they don't know how to cook good chapatis. I always tell people that cooking chapati doesn't require many skills. So long as you have some little cooking oil you are good to go. Today I have sampled out a special way of Cooking soft layered chapatis. Let's begin step by step.
- 2 Tablespoon Margarine(Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar(Optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cups warm water
- Oil for cooking
- 1kg ngano flour
The procedure is as follows;
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Add Margarine, mix with hands to form crumbs. I use a little bit of sugar in mine because I love the savoury taste. Omit it, if you don't like sugar.
- Make a well and pour water bit by bit as you knead. Knead for atleast 5 mins, if the dough is sticky, add flour bit by bit as you knead.
- Continue kneading on your work surface for another 3 mins. (FOR SOFT CHAPATIS, YOU SHOULD KNEAD THOROUGHLY)
- Finally dough should be firm but soft and not sticky. Cover with a damp cloth/ cling film/plastic polythene bag for 30 minutes.
- After 30mins, knead again and cut into balls.
- Roll out the balls in a circular shape with a rolling pin, one at a time and brush with oil, as shown in the pics.
- Fold as shown.
- How they should look.
- Cover them to keep them soft.
- Roll the balls out again forming the circle.(Layers should be visible on the rolled out dough).
- In a medium heat, place your skillet, let it warm up. Then put your chapati ontop. Fry both sides until brown. Once cooked remove and place it in a containee and cover.
- Very soft.
- Serve with your favourite stew or even tea. Enjoy.
Chapati is the favorite meal for so many people. It is often served with stew. Personally I like serving my chapati with chicken stew. It is super delicious. I hope you will all try this recipe and you will be cooking chapatis everyday. Share the article to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More