Githeri is one of the best traditional foods. It is often eaten at anytime be it lunch, morning or evening. There are different ways to cook githeri for example you can boil or fry. Today let's learn how to cook delicious tasty githeri to eat for supper.
1. Githeri recipe 1: What you need:
½ kg of boiled githeri (boil beans and maize before until they cook and get your preferred softness)
1 large onion (Finely chopped)
Garlic(3-4 Cloves chopped)
A small piece of ginger
chopped Curry powder to taste(1-2 tablespoon)
A small bunch of coriander
2 tomatoes chopped
Salt for seasoning
Half green pepper
What to do:
1. Fry your ginger, garlic and onion in a pan with oil.
2. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
3. Add curry powder and stir for at least 2 minutes on low heat.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and carrots and stir then allow to cook when covered.
5. Allow it to cook for another two minutes and add water whenever necessary to avoid making the sauce dry.
6. Then add the githeri and stir.
7. Let it cook for two minutes and add the peppers and cover.
8. Your githeri is ready when the peppers are crunchy.
9. You can add water to make the stew a bit thick plus you can put some beef stock cubes if you want it thicker.
10. Add coriander in the last stage and there’s your meal.
11. Serve your githeri hot to enjoy.
If you follow the above recipe am very sure you will enjoy your githeri. It is so nutritious and you can eat it once per week. Share the article to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More