Githeri is among the traditional foods we all love to eat. It is rich in nutrients and makes you stay full for long. Today let's prepare it.
- 4 cups preboiled maize and beans
- 2 very ripe tomatoes.(chopped)
- 1 large onion.(chopped)
- 2 pinches chilli powder/1 whole green pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- 1 and half cups of water
- 1 knorr beef cube
The procedure to follow;
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add your onions and cook until translucent.
- Put in your tomatoes,stir,add salt and cover for about 3 minutes until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add in your salt,chilli powder and stir.
- Add your preboiled maize and beans,stir until fully coated with the tomatoes and cover for 3 minutes.
- Pour in water(1 and half a cup)into the mixture,stir,and let simmer for about 15 minutes until thick.
- Once thickened,crush in your knorr beef cube,stir and cover for 2 minutes.
- Remove from fire and serve while hot with slices of avocado.🤤
Serve your githeri with some avocado and enjoy, it is sweet and delicious. Share the recipe to your friends and follow for more updates on different recipes.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More