Liver can be obtained from goat, cow or even sheep. Almost all the animals have liver. In this article I am going to show you how we can fry liver. There are so many ways of cooking liver. They include: grilling, roasting, boiling, steaming and frying.
1. 500 grams sliced fresh beef liver
2. 1 ½ cups milk, or as needed
3. ¼ cup butter, divided
4. Two large Vidalia onions, sliced into rings
5. 2 cups all- purpose flour, or as needed
6. Salt and pepper to taste
The above ingredients are for 3 people. If the servings increase or decreases, adjust the ingredients accordingly.
1. Gently rinse liver slices under cold water, and place in a medium bowl.
2. Pour in enough milk to cover. Let stand while preparing onions. (When I am preparing it at my place, I like to soak up to an hour or two- whatever you have time for. ) This step is so important in taking the bitter taste of the liver out.
3. Melt two table spoonful of butter in a large cooking pan over medium heat.
4. Separate onion rings, and fry them in butter until soft.
5. Remove onions, and melt remaining butter in the pan.
6. Season the floor of the pan with salt and pepper, and put it in a shallow dish or on a plate. Drain milk from liver, and coat slices in the flour mixture.
7. When the butter has melted, turn the heat up to medium- high, and place the coated liver slices in the pan.
8. Cook until the colour turns brown on the bottom.
9. Turn, and cook on the other side until browned.
10. Add onions, and reduce heat to medium. Cook a bit longer to taste.
(My family prefers the liver to just barely retain a pinkness on the inside when you cut to check)
Content created and supplied by: johnkimx.1 (via Opera News )