Simple Kienyeji Chicken Stew Recipe.
Kuku kienyeji refers to chicken that has not been bred or raised on commercial feeds. They are left to feed on whatever they find around; free-range chicken. Their meat can be a bit tough, but when cooked well, it slides off the bone. It is all bout technique.
This chicken stew recipe contains the fresh flavor of ground coriander, green bell pepper, and red onion.
- kienyeji chicken
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small piece of ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 onions
Preparation and cooking.
- Boil your kienyeji chicken till tender. You can use a pressure cooker as it takes less time. I pressure cook for 30 mins.
- Blend your tomatoes, ginger, and garlic. Add a cup of water or the chicken broth to make a thick paste. Ensure you peel tomatoes before blending. You can also grind garlic and ginger if you do not have a blender.
- In a sufuria fry your onions till golden brown.
- Add the mixture to the sufuria and stir, bring it to boil.
- Add the paprika and salt to taste. If you need more soup add water or the chicken broth you got after boiling your chicken
- Add your chicken and let it simmer on low medium heat for 5 mins.
Sprinkle your dhania and cover for 2 mins. Serve with ugali or rice and some vegetables.
Content created and supplied by: wangecikiundu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More