Sure, here's a recipe for Ugali, a staple food in many African countries, particularly in East Africa.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of maize flour (also called cornmeal or polenta)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Gradually add the maize flour to the boiling water, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps from forming.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir the mixture until it forms a stiff dough-like consistency. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let the ugali cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once the ugali is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Wet your hands with cold water and shape the ugali into a ball or disc. Ugali is typically served in a communal dish, and pieces are broken off by hand and dipped into stew or sauce.
Enjoy your Ugali!
Content created and supplied by: sunanswers (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More