There are different ways to cook chapatis. Today let's learn how to cook chapati mixed with lemon.
- 1kg flour
- Warm water
- Warm oil
- 1 pinch salt
The procedure ;
- Add flour, salt, sugar in a basin. Mix well.
- Take your lemon(frozen gives the best) and grate the outer green layer only. Sprinkle on the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour your warm oil on the flour evenly and start mixing with a mwiko until it cools down, then use your fingers and rub until the oil mixes with flour well
- Take your warm water and add bit by bit and knead softly(sio kupiga ngumi) Knead until when you deep your fingers they come out non- sticky. You can see the green parts of the lemon.
- use a clean cloth and squeeze all the water (i have specific cloths for chapos only). Cover the dough for like 30mins
- make the balls at your desired size and start rolling.
- Heat the pan and cook your chapati
- : im not good in writing recipes.
- Enjoy your chapati with beans or your favorite stew like Ndengu or meat stew.
This is also a way of preserving your chapatis so that they can stay for long. Try it out and you will love them.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More