Traditional vegetables are the best. Today I tried out how to cook mrenda in a different way. Let me teach you also;
- bunch jute(mrenda)
- 2 bunch cow pea leaves(kunde)
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1 cup milk (optional)
- Pour water in a sufuria.Add sodium bicarbonate.
- Let the water boil until it forms bubbles
- Add the chopped mrenda and kunde
- As soon as the vegetables has turned from light green to dark green remove from the heat and drain all the water
- Use the same sufuria or another one add onions and sautee until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes,salt and stir until tomatoes start to become paste like
- Add the veges and stir until they are incorporated into each other
- Add milk and continue stirring. Taste to see if salt is enough and add more if needed
- Let it cook for a few more minutes and remove from the heat
- Serve the mrenda with ugali.For protein you can serve with chicken,fish or meat
Try out this recipe and you will enjoy. Share the article to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More