It is very normal for most people to take morning shower or bath daily, with another percentage adding another one in the evening after a long day. This habit could however be causing a lot more harm than good.
According to an article published via Harvard Education Blog, medical experts recommend bathing 2-3 times in a week. Below is a list of 5 good reasons why dermatologists advice against bathing daily, unless you work in an extremely sweaty place like in a gym.
1. Bathing daily removes a layer of oil and other vital microorganisms responsible for keeping the skin healthy.
2. Bathing or showering daily may leave the skin dry, itchy and sensitive. Daily baths also leave your hair fizzy and dry.
3. The skin may crack as a result of regular baths and this might be the entry point to bacteria and allergies which might trigger severe skin infections.
4. Most bathing soaps, especially the antibacterial soaps, contain chemicals which alter the normal bacteria on the skin and may lead to damages.
5. Bathing daily for a long time may reduce the body's ability to fight diseases. Dermatologists claim that our immune systems require stimulation from dirt, normal microorganisms and other environmental factors in order to create "immune memory". Bathing daily therefore compromises the body's ability to produce antibodies and remember diseases.
Now you have 5 good reasons why you should reprogram your bathing schedule. Remember you are also saving on water bills.
Content created and supplied by: MucheruStan (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More