It is every person's desire to have smooth and attractive heels, but sometimes our heels crack making them undesirable and we can't wear open shoes. But that should not be the end of your hopes, the following natural products can help you get rid of cracked heels.
Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws water from the inner tissues to the outer layers of the skin. This fluid shift creates a plumping effect that helps the outer skin heal. You should follow this procedure:
1. Add one cup of honey to a tub of warm water.
2. Soak your clean feet in the mixture and gently massage for 20 minutes.
3. Gently exfoliate your skin using a pumice stone.
4. Pat your feet dry, and apply a thick moisturizer. Do this regularly before going to bed.
2. Backing soda
Backing soda is an exfoliant. It removes dead cells and also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda can also neutralize foul odor. Follow this procedure:
1.Add 3 tbsp of baking soda to a bowl of lukewarm water. Mix well until the baking soda dissolves.
2. Soak your feet in this for 15 minutes.
3. Remove your feet, and scrub gently with a pumice stone.
4. Rinse with clean water, and dry your feet with a clean towel. Repeat the procedure twice a week.
3. Vegetable oil
Vegetable oils are readily absorbed by the skin. Most vegetable oils contain vitamins such as provitamin A, D, and E, which all help nourish the skin and create new cells. Follow this procedure:
1. Clean your feet thoroughly.
2. Dry your feet using a soft towel.
3. Apply a thick layer of vegetable oil to your heels and toes.
4.Put on a pair of clean comfortable socks, and leave them overnight. Do this daily before going to bed.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, and E. These have antioxidant properties while the cholesterol, campesterol, β-sitosterol, and lupeol contained in aloe vera have anti-inflammatory properties. Lupeol also acts as an antiseptic and analgesic. The auxins and gibberellins present in aloe vera help in wound healing. Follow this procedure:
1. Soak your feet in warm water, and scrub using a pumice stone to remove dead skin.
2. Pat dry, and apply a thick layer of aloe vera gel to your feet.
3. Wear cotton socks, and head to bed.
4. Wash with lukewarm water in the morning. Repeat this every night for 3-4 days and see the results.
5. Vaseline and lemon juice
Vaseline acts as a moisturizer, and the citric acid in lemon juice promotes skin peeling and regrowth of new skin cells. Follow this procedure:
1. Soak your feet in warm water for about 20 minutes. Rinse, and pat dry.
2. Add 3–4 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to one tsp of Vaseline. Mix well.
3. Apply this mixture to your heels and other cracked parts of your feet.
4. Wear a pair of woolen socks, and let it sit overnight.
5. Wash using warm water in the morning. Do this regularly before going to bed.
Choose one of the above natural products and have a try. Am sure it will work and you will thank me later.
Content created and supplied by: Dr.life964 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More