Maybe you have been seeing bulging veins on your hands and you are wondering whether it is a sign of medical problem. For many people, the veins bulging is normal and the veins in their arms are functioning properly. However, for others who are few, bullying veins on the arms can be a symptom of a bigger problem.
There are a number of reasons why you have bulging veins. Below are some of the causes:
1. Low body fat. When you have little fat in your body, your veins can be prominent.
2. Age. When you start getting old, your skin becomes thin and and its elasticity reduces causing your veins to be more visible.
3. Exercise. After an exercise, your blood pressure increases and the veins are pushed near the skin to regulate the body temperature. Regular exercise can make the builging veins permanent though.
4. Genetics. If your close family members have bulging veins, then you are likely to have them too.
5. Sign of hot weather. High temperature makes your veins bulge out to the surface as it makes your valves not to work properly.
6. Varicose veins. These appears more on the legs rather than on your hands as a result of weakned valves. They can become twisted, enlarged and painful at times.
Was this article important? Share and follow my page to receive notifications of newly published articles daily.
Content created and supplied by: PolyNewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More