Looking at hair is the best way to determine the health of the body. The following is a list of ways to find how healthy your hair is and tips on how to improve it's quality.
1. Your hair feels great after a hair cut- If the hair looks good after trimming, the hair is not really damaged. Keep the hair moisturized and suppliment it with proteins to keep it intact.
2. Your hair has a natural shine- If the hair bounces off light, it means your calp is healthy and is evenly distributing natural oils to your shaft.
3. Losing some hair while shampooing- Hair has a growth cycle which makes new hair growth everyday. Weak hair may fall during shampooing and gets replaced by new hair. Blow-drying after shampooing will help keep the hair fall minimal.
4. Your hair detangles easily- Pulling tangled hair causes breakage and weakens hair grip. Tangling of hair means that is damaged hair. Always apply serum before combing the hair to avoid hair fall.
5. Slow growth of hair- Hair growth is a sign of healthy hair. Visit a hair specialist if your hair hasn't grown for more than 3 months.
6. The hair ends are healthy- Absence of split ends after haircut means the hair is very healthy. Split ends are caused by tear caused by lack of nutrients and moisturizer.
7. Your hair will stretch without breaking- When you brush your hair and it stretches without breaking, it is a sign of strong hair. Weak hair does not have any elasticity.
8. Your hair holds moisture- Hair retaining moisture is an indication how healthy it is. This can be checked by submitting it in water, if it floats it is healthy and if it sinks it is porous and damaged.
9. Smooth and soft to touch- If your hair feels soft and smooth when touched, it is an indication that it is healthy.
10. Follicle test- This is done by plucking a hair near the roots and checking for the bulb. Presence of tiny roundish tuber means the hair is healthy.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More