Weighing is not as simple as most people think. There are certain rules that should be followed for one to get accurate results. Here are 10 things you need to know before hopping on the weighing scale.
1. Clothes- When weighing yourself, it is important to be on the same attire every time. This is because clothes can add some weight and different clothes have different weights.
2. Time- The best time to check weight is once a week at the same time and same day. The best time is early in the morning before taking breakfast.
3. Stand still- When weighing, it is important to stand still with weight being distributed over both both feet. If possible removing shoes will be better.
4. Place- The weighing scale should be placed on an even hard surface at the same place. This is because placing it on an uneven ground will lead to inaccurate results.
5. Weather- Harsh weather affects weight. Lower temperatures, rain and speedy wind may make you slimmer hence weighing less. However these changes are not permanent.
6. Types of scales- Always stick to one scale when weighing yourself. This is because you can get different results from different scales. The weight depends on the scale used.
7. Water retention because of hormones- This applies to women who go through hormonal changes. During ovulation and monthly period, women retain alot of fluids making them weigh more.
8. Salty foods- High salts are likely to retain more water. Eating foods with high levels of salts will increase water retention in the body causing more weight. It is advisable to avoid salty foods the day before weighing yourself.
9. Do not weigh after exercising- Exercising leads to dehydration which leads to lower weight in the scale. However, normal weight will be back after consuming fluids.
10. Body composition- Muscles occupy less space compared to fat. It is important to find out your body fat percentage when weighing.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More