Lemon is known to be rich in vitamin C and citric acid. It also has adetoxifying effect especially when you add a few freshly cut wedges to your drinking water. Because of the health benefits of eating lemons, there is a growing popularity for using lemons as a natural treatment for skin conditions like age spots and acne.The following are some of the top benefits of lemon to your body.
1. Increases collagen: Some proponents of using lemon on the skin say that the citrus fruit is a natural method of increasing collagen in your face. Collagen itself is a protein that natually breaks down with age, which can then result in fine lines and wrinkles. As an antidoxidant, vitamin C may help prevent free radicals that can damage collagen leaving you with smoother skin.
2. Act as a moisturizer.: Lemons have strong antibacterial properties which makes them perfect for nixing breakout-causing bacteria. Mix a few drops of lemon juice with a few drops of coconut water. The coconut will hydrate your skin and lemon juice will clear and brighten it.
3. Elbow and knee lightener.: Lemons are packed with vitamins C, a natural brightening ingredient. If your elbows and knees appear dark, simply rub them with half of a lemon.
4. Teeth whitener.: Does at-home whitening leave your teeth sensitive for days? Try this instead; mix baking soda and lemon juice, and apply it to your teeth with a clean Q-tip then use your toothbrush to scrub your teeth and rinse.
5. Skin brightener.: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acids as they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time.
6. Lip exfoliator.: Mix a little lemon juice with some brown sugar to create your own lip scrub. The lemon juice's AHA will work as a chemical exfoliator to loosen up dead skin cell while the sugar will work as a physical exfoliator to slough them off.
7. Nail strengthener.: Have you been getting too many gel manicures? Make a mixture of your favourite cooking oil with lemon juice and soak your nails for sometime.
Content created and supplied by: Simonews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More