The aging process looks different for everyone, but there are certain signs of aging that are considered “premature”
1. Stress. There is a link between emotional stress and skin aging. And, of course, all that time spent frowning or scowling will naturally speed up the appearance of wrinkles, too hence look old.
2. Alcohol. If having a few glasses of wine is a nightly ritual for you, you're speeding up the aging process. In addition to reducing the quality and quantity of your sleep by interrupting your REM cycle and dehydrating you, which can make your skin look dry and sallow, research reveals that alcohol can actually have a negative effect on the body's ability to synthesize collagen, leading to more wrinkles and sagging in your future.
3. Environment. Since your skin comes into direct contact with the air around you, your skin barrier is being subjected to the toxins and pollutants in your daily environment.
4. Genes. There are some very rare genetic conditions that can cause you to show signs of aging in childhood and early puberty. These conditions are called progeria.
5.Diet.To look young, they must take a healthy balanced diet containing all vital nutrients for keeping the skin and hair healthy and glossy. Drinking adequate amount of water helps conserve skin turgor and prevents dryness. Regular physical exercise tones up the muscles and imparts a glow to the skin.
6. Outfit. Getting the right fit in everything from your bra to your shoes can transform your look. Sometimes the style of the clothes isn't the problem — it's the way they fit.
7. Too much exposure sunlight. UV light exposure causes free radicals that damage collagen, elastin, and skin cells themselves. This leads to premature aging of the skin, with wrinkling, dark spots, and the development of skin cancers. Even short amounts of sun exposure on a daily basis add up over a lifetime
Content created and supplied by: Curtis99 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More