Fear of snake is one of the most common phobias that people have, this is because some snakes are venomous and capable of killing humans. However, it's harsh to views snakes as killing animals only, snakes can also be amazing animals with incredible abilities. Here are some facts about them that you probably didn't know.
5. There are about 3400 species of snakes. Out of these, only 600 species are proven to be venomous of which only 200 pose a serious threat to human beings.
4. The bite of the black mamba, one of the worlds most venomous snakes, can cause a collapse in humans within just 45 minutes. Before anti-venom was widely available, the death rate from this snake bite was nearly 100%.
3. There is an island in Brazil called the snake island which is known to have the highest number of snake occurrences all over the world. It is estimated to be nearly 1 snake per square metres on the island.
2. The green anaconda found in the tropical rainforest of South America is considered the largest and heaviest snake in the world. It can weigh up to 227 kilograms and reach 9 metres in length.
1. Venomous snakes kill around 90000 humans each year, yet they are not the deadliest animals. Mosquitoes for example cause around 1 million deaths annually
Content created and supplied by: THECENTRE (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More