Catfish is among the fish species normally found in freshwater lakes. The fish has barbless resembling whiskers around its mouth. Typically, it is an anadromous. This fish lack scales on its body. It can undergo both aestivation and hibernation during harsh climatic conditions. The scientific name of catfish is Siluriformes.
Generally, catfish has adequate amount of flesh which has large volume of omega-3 fatty docosahexaenoic acid which is of great importance to the body of human beings when consumed.
Large amount of omega-3 fatty docosahexaenoic acid in the fish helps the human body in the following ways:
1. It lowers the risk of attack by cancer disease.
2. The acid helps in the regulation of the blood sugar level in the body.
3. It helps in the alleviation of psychosomatic obstetrics in women.
4. It can be used in the treatment of various liver diseases.
5. It add more fats to the body which acts as a storage of energy to the athletes. Therefore, it makes athletes recover from fatigue faster by increasing the rate of anabolic and catabolic reactions.
6. It lengthens the attention span in the classroom by expanding the brain capacity.
7. It heals wounds in the body.
8. Omega-3 fatty acid is one of the components involved in the formation of strong pericardial layer of the heart.
9. Continuous consumption of Catfish promotes the proper development of eyes which are essential for vision.
10. Lastly, it enhances fertility in both sexes.
Content created and supplied by: @arapoutta (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More