Acting is one of the amazing job one would wish to participate in, however, very challenging. In fact, it is due to its challenging nature that a number of actors and actresses have quited Nollywood for other jobs and businesses. Thus according to research done on a number of actors and actresses who quited Nollywood, below were the main reasons why they left the industry. The most interesting part is that, income had nothing to do with their quitting.
1. Auditions can be limited or sometimes far away from home thus, they need money to travel, place to stay when travelling among other upkeep which is a challenge to some.
2. Some never really put in full efforts to get roles and end up disappointed.
3. Some also lose it and begin to feel powerless especially when they reach audition ground.
4. Nobody really prepares for the mental emotional and physical tides in acting before to Nollywood thus when things finally crawl up to them they instantly disconnect with the dream.
5. Some people make rejection a big deal thus cannot handle it, thereby ending up leaving the industry.
6. At times it takes a very long time to rise into popularity thus some lose patience and quite.
7. Also, some actors and actresses experience bullying by their fellow colleagues leaving them with no option but to quite.
8. Lack of creativity among other actors leaving burden to producers and directors thus psychological effects.
Content created and supplied by: Orimbatyson (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More