Piano playing is a skill that is learnt over a long period. In fact, any time you play the instrument, you will always find gaps which are reasons why you should keep practicing. The following are tips to make sure that you achieve the most from your practice sessions and become amazing in your field .
1. Read about music. Get articles and books with music content and read.
2. Keep listening to music and studying scores. Go to concerts and performances to get different genres of music
3. Set a practice timetable and ensure you keep to it.
4. Practice scale and appergios. Also learn how to improvise on the piano.
5. Compose your own music. This will help you get to know music patterns and improve your improvisational skills.
6. Sight read music everyday.
7. Record your practice sessions and listen to the recordings. Ensure you always mark your weaknesses so that you can work on them on the next practice.
8. Find time to discuss music with other musicians. This will help you get new ideas and criticism.
Content created and supplied by: Extra~musica (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform