Professor Patrick Loch Otieno Lumumba aka PLO Lumumba is a Kenyan renown lawyer who was born in 1962 in Yimbo, Siaya County, Kenya. He was given the name Lumumba after the great Congolese revolutionists Patrice Emery Lumumba who was politically assassinated in 1961.
PLO Lumumba is currently serving as a advocate of the high court of Kenya and Tanzania. He is also a certified mediator. He served as the director of the defunct Kenya Anti-corruption Commission. PLO Lumumba is the founding Dean of Kabarak University School of Law. He is also the founding chairman of PLO Lumumba Foundation, a body mandated to educate African youths globally.
Being a good orator, PLO Lumumba has a tendency to utter educative quotes whenever he is invited as the guest of honor in any academic arena. The following are some of his famous quotes that will make you an erudite.
1. "We are co-authors of own misfortunes, we elect hyenas to take care of our goats and when the goats are consumed, we wonder why."
2. "The tragedy of Africa is that Africans are in the business of canonizing thieves and demonizing it's saints."
3. "A minimum of comfort is necessary for the practice of virtue."
4. "Sometimes, and those times are many, wisdom demands that we remain silent. This is such time."
5. "The day will come when history will speak, Africa will write it's own history it will be a history of glory and dignity."
6. "Third world is a state of the mind and until we change our attitude as Africans, if there is a fourth, fifth and even sixth world, we will be in it."
Content created and supplied by: @Onyango (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More