The teacher service commission is a statutory body in charge of registering and employing teachers in the country.
For one to be a secondary school teacher in the country one must have a minimum of a diploma or degree in the field of education. That is bachelor of education arts, bachelor of education Science or diploma in both.
Picture used for illustration purposes.
Furthermore the teachers service commission used to recognize and register as teachers other individuals with the following degree courses but have undertaken a post graduate diploma in education or enhancement Courses:
1. Bachelor degree in Natural resources
2. Bachelor degree in meteorology
3. Bachelor degree in forestry
4. Bachelor degree in Animal husbandry
5. Bachelor degree in fisheries
6. Bachelor degree in horticulture
7. Bachelor degree in farm machinery
8. Bachelor degree in sociology
9. Bachelor degree in anthropology
10. Bachelor degree in theology
11. Bachelor degree in journalism
12. Bachelor degree in business management
13. Bachelor degree in Kiswahili and communication
14. Bachelor degree in administration
15. Bachelor degree in banking and finance
16.Bachelor degree in anthropology
17.Bachelor degree in genomics
18.Bachelor degree in environmental science
19.Bachelor degree in actuarial science
20.Bachelor Degree in criminology and security
21. Bachelor degree in hospitality and tourism
22. Bachelor degree in food and nutrition dietetics
23. Bachelor degree in applied biology
24. Bachelor degree in Economics
25. Bachelor degree in biochemistry
26. Bachelor degree in microbiology
According to the teachers service commission chief executive officer Dr Nancy Macharia, the above courses are not part of the teachers curriculum and irrespective of having taken the post graduate courses in education they will not be registered as teachers.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More