According to reports, last year's Form four candidates snubbed 16-degree courses that are offered in almost ten universities thus raising questions about their effectiveness.
According to figures that have been released by the Kenya University and College Central Placement Services revealed that the 16 courses have 750 slots which were not applied for.
List of 16 Courses Per University
1. Bachelors of Science in Automotive Technology offered in Egerton University
2. Bachelors of Technology in Building Construction offered in Egerton University
3. Bachelors of Technology in Renewable Energy offered at Egerton University.
4. Bachelors of Technology in Mechanical Engineering offered at Egerton University.
5. Bachelors of Science in Energy Technology offered at Egerton University
6.Bachelors of Science Renewable Energy and technology offered at Egerton University
7. Bachelors of Science in Aquatic Resources and Conservation with IT offered at Kisii University
8. Bachelor of Science in Animal Production and Nutrition offered at University of Embu
9. Bachelor of Science in Oceanography offered at Pwani University
10. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extention offered at Kabianga University
11. Bachelors of Science in Fisheries and Aquaculture offered at South Esten Kenya University
12. Bachelors of Science in Economics and Statistics with IT offered at Maseno University
13. Bachelors of Education Technology in Civil Engineering offered at Meru University of Science and Technology.
14. Bachelors of Commerce offered at Umma University.
15. Bachelors of Law and Sharia (LLB) offered at Umma University
16. Bachelors of Agribusiness Management offered at Tharaka University College
It is expected that CS George Magoha will proceed with the overhaul of the University courses in order to remove the courses rendered 'useless".
Content created and supplied by: VictorOdhiamboEdwin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More