Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

"Don't Want Evening Preps" Ofafa Jericho Principal Reveal What Happened Before Fire Gazed Dormitory

On Monday evening, Ofafa Jericho High School in Nairobi had one of its dormitory gazed by fire, an incident that led to hospitalization of at least 50 students who breathed carbon monoxide.

Several sources revealed that the fire had burnt down bedding and other personal belongings with the affected students being rushed to Metropolitan Hospital in Buru Buru and others in MP Shah.

According to police report from Kamukunji Station shared by NTV, the school's Principal Julius Linge while mobilizing the students to attend the evening classes, some of them defiled remaining within the dormitory.

This move prompted the teacher on duty to force them out, where one of the students sneaked back to the dormitory touching one of the cubicles that houses 20 students.

The students alongside the Nairobi County Fire brigade managed to control the fire, and no fatalities have been reported so far.

The school's CEO expressed his happiness in the manner in which teamwork was employed in saving the lives of the boys both from the private and public sector, adding that the students were safe.

Content created and supplied by: TeresaKE (via Opera News )

Don't Julius Linge Kamukunji Station Ofafa Jericho Ofafa Jericho High School

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments