- What most people are unaware is that Kenyatta University offers three types of scholarships, that is, OVS Scholarships, KU Internal Bursary, and the Postgraduate Scholarships. The OVS Scholarships is offered in form of a grant for orphans and vulnerable students from Kenya who are pursuing undergraduate degree in the university. Meanwhile, the KU Internal Bursary is intended for students who are already enrolled in the university. The grant is awarded based on the need of the vulnerable student. On the other hand, the Kenyatta University Postgraduate Scholarships will be given to 20 scholars who will enrol their graduate studies in the university. The scholarships will be granted according to academic performance.
- Strathmore University collaboration with public institutions, private entities and individuals, is offering assistance to needy students by helping them tap resources to fund their post-secondary education. With this mission, the university has organized an extensive line-up of assistance programs for students who are in need.
3.University of Eastern Africa, Barston.
- This school has a well organized student financial aid department that helps students in their time of need. It was started to help individuals who are already registered at the school.
- There are several conditions for one to be eligible: #1 the beneficiary must have been at the school for at least 3 semesters, #2 have a GPA of 2.50 and #3 been employed an average during this time.
- Applications can be picked up at the Dean of Students office. Awards are only granted once a year and are meant for the 2nd semester.
Content created and supplied by: Bajar (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More