1. Favours only the book smart students. It does not nurture those who are good in other areas apart from class. Everyone has to do well in class despite varying abilities.
2. Only prepares people for white collar jobs. Students are only taught to be doctors and lawyers which is not a bad thing, but it has reached a point where society terms job outside this market as failure.
3. Fails to equip students with necessary real world experience. Pupils end up being taught how to pass exams and failing to learn the skills they require.
4. It is broad and cumbersome. One is required to study many subjects that are not related to what they are interested in.
5. An unfair way of grading and assessment. After several years of studies, students are tested using one exam to gauge their entire academic capability.
6. Does not allow students to work at their own pace. There is a fixed timetable for all students, despite differences in their abilities.
Content created and supplied by: Bajar (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More