Over 35 students were on Monday night hospitalised after inhaling fumes of smoke following a dormitory fire at Ofafa Jericho High School in Nairobi County.
According to the school principal Mathews Limge, the fire that started around 8:30 pm also destroyed students’ personal effects.
Metropolitan CEO Dr Kanyemje Gakombe said the students were safe, adding that they didn't suffer from external burns.
picture courtesy. The Monday night fire destroyed personal effects belonging to the students
They inhaled smoke from mattresses which is very toxic, but we have been able to treat all of them," he said, adding that some of the students were taken to other health facilities.
Fire fighters from Nairobi County, however, managed to contain the fireThe cause of the fire was not immediately ascertained.
More to follow…
Content created and supplied by: Thealmightyarrogant (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More