Sign in
Download Opera News App

Education

 

College Education

 

Checkout Easy Solution to Highschool Mathematics Questions that Gives Many Students Headaches

Highschool had the best memorable moments especially when we come to mathematics. Some found this subject to be so hard while some enjoyed the the topics so well. I remember our teacher giving out the mathematics exams starting with the student who scored the highest marks, down to the lowest. Once given your paper you were supposed to move in front of the class to see the remaining students in class.Each and every end of year, students who got mathematics above 70% were awarded 1,000.To me this was a business I never missed to participate in. Every end of the year I had my 1,000 after the result. On the other side those who scored below 30% got their rewards as well. This was abit hard because almost a quarter of the class could get below 30%.

Most students failed this subject because of their attitude, they thought that this subject was so hard. Some other failed because of lack of practice. To some it was not their fault because no matter how hard they could study and practice, they still got below 30%.Here are some of the most common Questions.

1(a) The gradient function of a curve is given by dy = 3x2-2

      dx        

            Determine the equation of the curve given that y=1 when x= -2. (4mks)

(b) The velocity, V m/s of a moving particle after t seconds is given by v=12t2 -5.

(i) Find the total distance covered by the particle in the third second. (3mks)

If the distance covered by the particle at t=1 second was 2m, what distance had been covered at t=5? (3mks)

2.Three businessladiesWanjiku, Muthoni and Njoki decided to buy a lorry. The marked price of the lorry was 2.8million shillings. The dealer agreed that the ladies could pay a deposit of 60% of the marked price and the rest to be paid within a year.The ladies raised the deposit in the ratio of 3:2:5 respectively. At the end of the year the lorry had realized 2.08million shillings which the three shared in the ratio of their contribution. However, they were required to contribute for the balance of the lorry from these earnings again in the ratio of their original contributions.

(a) calculate amount to be paid as deposit (1mk)

(b) How much did each contribute to pay for the deposit? (3mk)

(c) How much did Njoki receive at the end of the year?(1mk)

(d) Calculate the total amount Muthoni and Njoki contributed to pay for the balance. (3mk)

(e) How much money did Wanjiku remain with after paying her share of the balance? (2mk3. a) A bus left Kisumu at 9.30 am towards Nairobi at an average speed of 81km/hr. A matatu left Nairobi for Kisumu at 10.10 a.m at an average speed of 72km/hr. The distance between Kisumu and Nairobi is 360km. Determine:

(i) The time taken before the two vehicles met.(3mks)

(ii) The distance between two vehicles 40 minutes after meeting.(2mks)

(iii) A car left Kisumu towards Nairobi at 9.50am at an average speed of 90km/hr. Determine the time the car caught up with the bus.(3mks)4.Two vertices of a triangle ABC are A(4,7) and B(6,11)

(a) Find the equation of line AB.  (3mks)

(b) Find the equation of the perpendicular bisector of line AB  (4mks)

(c) Given that AC is perpendicular to AB and the equation of line BC is y = -5x + 45, find the co-ordinates of C  (3mks)

5.An institution intended to buy a certain number of chairs for Kshs. 27,000. The supplier agreed to offer a discount of Kshs. 60 per chair which enabled the institution to get 5 more chairs. Taking x as the original intended number of chairs,

Write an expression in terms of x for

(a) Original price per chair  (1mk)

(b) Prince per chair after discount.  (1mk)

Determine:

(c) The number of chairs the institution originally intended to buy. (4mks)

(d) Price per chair after discount.  (2mks)

(e) The amount of money the institution would have saved per chair if it bought the intended number of chairs at a discount of 20%  (2mks)

6.The marks of students in a certain class were recorded as follows:

48 62 56 58 70 69 72 83 59 64

59 51 67 68 79 82 70 68 52 51

89 72 68 77 64 70 75 71 58 57

79 69 80 62 73 68 69 59 61 54

77 59 61 68 64 69 49 69 64 62

(a) Ending with the highest mark and using a class interval of five make a frequency distribution table for the data.  (2mks

Calculate:

(b) The mean mass (3mks

(c) The median mass  (3mks)

(d) Draw a histogram to represent the data.  (2mks)Please share

Content created and supplied by: Lucasentertainment (via Opera News )

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments