Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Safety accident

 

Food safety

Emotional Scenes as Pupils and Teacher Eat Poisoned Githeri in Popular Academy; One Dies

Incidents of food poisoning in the country are not common and especially not in primary schools where young children go to study and interact with each other.

Picture courtesy. Image of githeri.

According to reports on our desks at this moment, a popular primary school situated in the county of Trans Nzoia suffered a major setback yesterday when a teacher and several pupils ate what is suspected to be food that was poisoned.

A grade three pupil lost his life at GerHellen Creative ECDE Center in Kiminini constituency where the incident took place on Friday afternoon after consuming the poisoned food that was leftover githeri.

Esther Waswa, Sirende Sub-Location Assistant Chief told the reporters that the eight year old, identified as Joshua Bunguswa, died on the spot while others were rushed to a nearby health facility where they were treated and discharged.

Hellen Mwashi, the School's director, was rushed to Kitale County Referral Hospital where she is still admitted until now after consuming the githeri with the pupils then later complaining of stomachaches.

Content created and supplied by: KimaniOsoro21 (via Opera News )

Esther Waswa Hellen Mwashi Joshua Bunguswa Sirende Trans Nzoia

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments