The competency based curriculum (CBC) is set to replace the current 8-4-4 system of education.
The first cohort of learners is currently in grade five meaning, they will be sitting for their exams next year.
Before the learners sit for those exams, the body that is Mandated to carry out tests for the purposes of certification and placement has embarked on a pilot excercise.
The Kenya national examination council will from today do a pilot study covering 215 schools countrywide to establish the suitability of the assessment tools.
Teachers from the neighboring Schools will be required to assist in supervising the tests which will be then submitted to KNEC.
The survey will start today morning and go all the way to Friday.
The outcome after marking However won't be communicated to the learners as it will only be used to assess the agency's Preparedness for next year's Exams.
The summative exams to be done in December next year will comprised of 60% while the remaining 40% will come from the formative assessment that has been going on at school level.
CBC which is currently facing resistance from some stakeholders is aimed at making learning more learner centred and practical Oriented.
The oponents of the system argue that it's too expensive for parents and the government should consider doing away with it.
Do you support the CBC? Feel free to share your thoughts and comments on this on our comments platform.
Content created and supplied by: @yokeabu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More