Sign in
Download Opera News App



College Education


Benefits A Student Who Didn't Get C+ Will Get If They Apply For TVET Through KUCCPS

As the application closes for those who would wish to join higher learning institutions via KUCCPS, there are some few things that I would like to remind them. And this is especially considering the government allocation, otherwise known as HELB.

Most of the time, and for a longer period the government had been giving the allocation to only those who had managed the minimum direct entry grade to the university. However this changed some time back as currently the government even gives the allocation to those who didn’t manage the minimum entry grade.

There are guidelines to this though, usually people who don’t get the C+ grade can only be eligible to start off with a diploma in the various course that they so wish for. One is able to pursue diploma at University level although through private sponsorship. And provided one is pursuing the course on private basis then they are not eligible for the government capitation or HELB.

However there are students who might opt to join the Technical Vocational Training Colleges that are sponsored by the government. In any case a student does this, with the same grade as someone who went to do a Diploma course with the same grade in a University albeit through private sponsorship, then they’ll have a lot of benefits.

First they are set to receive government subsidy on fee, and also they are able to apply for HELB. The amount received by the students at TVET level is slightly lower than those who are at the Universities. Now this is why I advise a student who got less than C+ to opt for the Government TVETS.

Content created and supplied by: WillyKim (via Opera News )

C+ Diploma HELB


Load app to read more comments